Do you feel like you know a lot about gingivitis, so there’s probably not much we could tell you that would be new information? Or, do you feel more as though it’s something you’ve heard of and you know it involves your gums but you are most certainly not caught up on the specifics? We suggest you find out once and for all (with our quick quiz) to ensure you’re prepared to take excellent care of your gum health.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Gingivitis is the very last stage of gum disease, during which the problem becomes full blown and, while you can certainly manage it with our help, you will not be able to reverse it.
- True or False: The second gingivitis makes an appearance, you will know it’s happening because a lot of changes will take place with your oral health.
- True or False: If you notice symptoms of this first stage of gum disease, your best bet is to first try to brush it away. Then, if increased brushing frequency doesn’t work, come see us.
- False. Gingivitis is the very first stage of gum disease. This is before the issue becomes full blown (known as periodontitis) and when we can still reverse the problem.
- False. It’s very common to experience this issue with your gums without noticing that it’s happening. This is due to the fact that symptoms either do not present themselves or you overlook them.
- False. In addition to your twice-annual visits, you should come in immediately if you notice bleeding, gum inflammation, red gums, or otherwise. This is not a problem you can diagnose or fix on your own.
Avoid Gum Disease With Knowledge
When you are educated on gum disease, it makes it much easier to avoid gingivitis and the disease that follows, so your smile remains healthy. Contact Absolute Dental Care today in Virginia Beach, VA to schedule a visit by calling (757) 428-7440. We proudly welcome patients Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Hampton, Eastern Shore, and all surrounding communities.