Do you ever think to yourself that if you’d do more, try harder, and use more product, you just might be making the most of your oral health options? While it’s always beneficial to remain on-target with goals and the care you need, doing more than is necessary is often what you might worry it is: Too much of a good thing. Let’s cover some ground with a quiz, so you have a better sense of why “just right” is better than going a bit overboard!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: It’s not possible to whiten your smile too much, since you can only get your teeth to a certain level of brightness. After that, you’re wasting your time and money but there are no oral health consequences.
- True or False: You can never clean your smile too thoroughly. If you’re doing your best then you should simply not worry about it.
- True or False: The more toothpaste you can fit onto the head of your toothbrush, the better. This means you can really get your smile clean.
- False. In addition to wasting your time and money, you can also damage your teeth and even your gums when you whiten on your own and if you overdo it.
- False. While it’s wonderful for your oral health to get your smile as clean as you can within the guidelines we set forth for dental hygiene, it’s possible to do a bit too much. When you press too hard, spend too much time brushing and flossing, or use other instruments to try to clean your smile, you can end up injuring yourself. Stick with our suggestions!
- False. More isn’t best. An amount that is roughly equal in size to a single pea is just what you need to keep your smile safe.
See Us For Safe Professional Care
Remember that when you see us for all of your oral health requirements, you can be sure you’re receiving just what you need (no more and no less). Contact Absolute Dental Care today in Virginia Beach, VA to schedule a visit by calling (757) 428-7440. We proudly welcome patients Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Hampton, Eastern Shore, and all surrounding communities.