You might know a lot about particular subjects that attract your interest. However, when it comes to your teeth, which you utilize every single day and care for every single day, you may discover that you actually know very little about your dental anatomy. Since these will be your teeth for the rest of your life (provided you continue keeping your oral health safe), it’s always good to have some essential education regarding their anatomy! Let’s test your know-how at this moment with our quick quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Your teeth have about fifteen layers to them, each of which is extremely significant in its own way.
- True or False: When discussing the dental anatomy of your tooth, we simply refer to the part you use for chewing as the “top” and the part within your gums as the “bottom.”
- True or False: We call the point at which your tooth meets your gum tissue the “gum point.”
- False. Actually, your teeth have three important layers. You have your enamel (the hard outer layer), your dentin (the second layer, which contains some nerves), and your pulp, which provides your tooth what it needs to survive.
- False. The chewing portion of your tooth is known as the “crown,” which is why the prosthetic to cover and repair this portion of your tooth is known as a dental crown. The portion of your tooth that resides within your gum tissue is known as your tooth’s “roots.”
- False. When discussing your dental anatomy, the point where your crown meets your roots (which aligns with your gumline) is known as your tooth neck or your dental cervix.
Learn More About Your Smile During Visits
Find out more regarding the anatomy of your teeth during your dental checkups. Contact Absolute Dental Care today in Virginia Beach, VA to schedule a visit by calling (757) 428-7440. We proudly welcome patients Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Hampton, Eastern Shore, and all surrounding communities.