Do you wear a mouthguard? Is this something that you always assumed was really more for professional athletes? The truth is, for anyone who is in any way in danger of sports equipment hitting them in the mouth, a teammate accidentally running into them, or even of falling during an activity, a guard is a good idea! Not sure you’ve ever really considered this detail? Start with our quiz and then let us know if you think your oral health could use one.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you’re active in sports in any way, it is a wise idea to wear a mouthguard. It can protect your smile and supportive structures from all manner of injury.
- True or False: If you have children, it’s a good idea for them to wear mouthguards, as well, when they’re playing sports, in order to protect developing smiles from damage.
- True or False: Investing in a mouthguard is a much less expensive means of dealing with your smile when you compare it with the high costs associated with repairing your oral health from easily preventable injuries, such as broken or dislodged teeth.
- True. It really can. Even if you’re someone who works out on your own, there’s still the risk of ending up with damage to your smile. Talk this over with us if you are unsure about whether a guard will benefit you.
- True. We always, always suggest mouthguards for kids. It can help you protect your child from serious oral health damage, which thereby protects your child’s smile and keeps it safely developing without the need for restorative repairs.
- True. If you were to compare the cost of a single mouthguard to the cost of a crown or replacement tooth for an injury, you would find that the guard is but a drop in the bucket.
Keep Your Smile Safe With A Mouthguard
Avoid damaged smiles by speaking with us about your mouthguard options and choosing to wear one when necessary. Contact Absolute Dental Care today in Virginia Beach, VA to schedule a visit by calling (757) 428-7440. We proudly welcome patients Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Hampton, Eastern Shore, and all surrounding communities.