Does your oral health problem require a tooth extraction? Do you think that perhaps the issue is something that may require a different type of restorative care? When you’re not completely certain about why an extraction is necessary, it can become a bit confusing. The good news is that it’s not your problem to figure out! Come in for a checkup and we will offer a diagnosis and suggestion for care. In the meantime, clear up some confusion with our quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you’re suffering from a dental infection, you will definitely require a tooth extraction to resolve the problem.
- True or False: When your tooth is severely damaged and the usual restorative treatments we consider will not save the tooth, we will suggest the removal of your tooth.
- True or False: No matter the health or positioning of your wisdom teeth, we are most certainly going to recommend their removal.
- False. Not necessarily. A severe infection will certainly lead you to a need for a tooth extraction because there will be no other option. However, if the infection is not severe, we may be able to fix the problem with a root canal treatment and likely a crown.
- True. When you’re missing too much of your tooth tissue or experience a severe crack, we will generally need to remove the tooth to prevent complications.
- False. We only need to remove wisdom teeth with extractions if they are causing problems. In some cases, they may grow in without any issues or you may not develop any at all!
Come In For A Diagnosis When A Problem Arises
When you’re dealing with an oral health problem and think you may require a tooth extraction, come see us ASAP. Contact Absolute Dental Care today in Virginia Beach, VA to schedule a visit by calling (757) 428-7440. We proudly welcome patients Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Hampton, Eastern Shore, and all surrounding communities.