There are things that you need to do and products that you need to purchase carefully and thoughtfully if you want to maintain a healthy smile. However, that does not mean that you are doing these things exactly as suggested. You might be doing your best. You might have questions. You may simply be a bit unsure about a couple details. Today, we would like to walk you through a quick check-in for your smile health to ensure you’ve got all of your bases covered.
Checking On Your Habits
Let’s begin with your personal habits to make sure your smile health and care is on target. As for what you need to be doing on a daily basis, here’s the rundown:
- You brush your teeth in the morning. You time yourself to make sure that you’re brushing for two minutes and that this gives you time to clean every surface.
- You do the same thing again during the evening before you get into bed.
- You floss your entire smile at least once a day, whether in the morning or evening.
Checking On Your Products
Now, for a quick check-in on the products that protect your smile health:
- You choose to use ADA accepted products to make sure they’ve been tested for their effectiveness (this includes your brush, floss, and paste)
- You choose paste free of abrasive ingredients
- You select a brush with bristles marked “soft”
- You use toothpaste with fluoride
Checking On Your Visits
The final check-in detail, of course, includes your visits with us, which should include:
- Two preventive care appointments for checkups and cleanings every year
- Restorative care visits as needed (and scheduled with urgency)
See Us Immediately For Whatever Smile Care You Need
Focus on the daily and long-term smile care you require and your smile will remain healthy as a result. Contact Absolute Dental Care today in Virginia Beach, VA to schedule a visit by calling (757) 428-7440. We proudly welcome patients Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Hampton, Eastern Shore, and all surrounding communities.