You may have heard that if you snore, then you probably have sleep apnea. You may have heard that if you receive sleep apnea treatment, it can help with your snoring. What you may not know, however, is if any of these so-called facts you keep hearing are actually the truth or if they’re just things that people say because they too have heard them from some source or another. Let’s clear up any confusion with a quiz! Then, if you think it may be time to come in for a consultation, all you have to do is give us a quick call.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you are someone who snores, then you definitely have sleep apnea.
- True or False: If you are receiving sleep apnea treatment, then this will address both the sleep disorder itself as well as symptoms, such as snoring.
- True or False: If nobody has ever heard your snore or if you have never remembered waking up in the middle of the night, then the chances that you are dealing with this sleep disorder are slim.
- False. It’s possible to snore without being someone who is also experiencing sleep apnea. It is also possible to snore and for it to be an associated symptom of this sleep disorder. To find out, come in to learn more.
- True. When we keep your throat open and prevent soft tissues from collapsing with sleep apnea treatment, both issues may resolve.
- False. It’s possible that you do not have a partner sleeping next to you or that your partner is a sound sleeper, so nobody picks up on your loud snoring and other noises. It’s also common to experience the events of the disorder without having any recollection of it in the morning.
Protect Yourself From Sleep Apnea With A Visit
Come in for a consultation to discover whether you require sleep apnea treatment. Contact Absolute Dental Care today in Virginia Beach, VA to schedule a visit by calling (757) 428-7440. We proudly welcome patients Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Hampton, Eastern Shore, and all surrounding communities.