You might be planning on stocking up on dental hygiene items, now that winter is approaching, holidays are nearly underway, and you’ll have a lot of other things to plan and shop for in the coming days. Before you head out for a bunch of new toothbrushes and more, we’d like to check in with you: Do you know if the brush you’re using is effective for your oral health? Or, do you think your hygiene could be a bit better? Let’s check.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you have not yet used an electric toothbrush, you shouldn’t bother buying any more manual ones. They are not very effective.
- True or False: If your toothbrush is not approved by the American Dental Association, then you can’t know until you’ve used it for a while if it’s going to work well.
- True or False: Regardless of the state of your oral health, the only type of bristles you should ever use for your dental hygiene are going to be “soft” ones.
- False. Actually, either one is fine! If you have not yet tried one, you are free to. However, you may continue using the manual type if it offers effective dental hygiene for your smile. It’s primarily about preference.
- True. The only way to know if a brush that is not accepted by the ADA will work is to try it out. As a result, you can save yourself some time and frustration by choosing one that has the seal of approval on it!
- True. If you want to keep your gums and your teeth healthy, then you should definitely only choose brushes that have soft bristles.
Protect Your Smile With Dental Hygiene Suggestions
When you need any type of help with your dental care, simply remember to ask us! Contact Absolute Dental Care today in Virginia Beach, VA to schedule a visit by calling (757) 428-7440. We proudly welcome patients Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Hampton, Eastern Shore, and all surrounding communities.