Did you ever think you’d be having one if not two conversations about your brushing and dental hygiene? If not, you’ll be pleased to learn that they’ll be quick and they are easy to accomplish. Even better? By occasionally doing so, you can feel confident with the knowledge that you’re brushing effectively, so your smile health continues to do very well!
Conversation #1: Talk To Yourself
No, you don’t literally have to stand in front of the mirror and talk to your reflection. However, if you want to ensure your brushing is as good as it can be, it’s important to check in with one’s self every now and then. Spend a moment honestly reflecting about the following and if you need to make changes, do so:
- Ask yourself if you brush for a full two minutes during dental hygiene sessions. If not, start using a timer.
- Ask yourself if you’re brushing all tooth surfaces. If not, begin immediately!
- Ask yourself whether you like your products (try something new if not).
- Ask yourself whether you’re replacing your brush every three to four months, which is essential.
- Check in with yourself to ensure you brush twice a day.
Conversation #2: Talk With Us
You may think you’re doing everything very well! You may be! Or, you may be doing almost everything just right. When you let us know you’d like to review your dental hygiene approach, we will be happy to talk with you about what we see during your checkup (and what we hear you saying). As a result, we can offer pointers and guidance to fix any little issues you may be overlooking. The result? Much more effective care at home, which yields a healthier smile.
Ask Us About Your Dental Hygiene
Your dental checkups provide you with time to discuss your home care with our team, so you can make sure you’re checking off all the boxes! Contact Absolute Dental Care today in Virginia Beach, VA to schedule a visit by calling (757) 428-7440. We proudly welcome patients Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Hampton, Eastern Shore, and all surrounding communities.