If you have lost one tooth, or if you suffer from advanced tooth loss, then you need a prosthetic. Replacing missing teeth helps you maintain a healthy and functional smile. We offer our Virginia Beach, VA, patients lifelike options for correcting tooth loss.
Try Our Quiz on Replacing Missing Teeth
- True or False: Tooth loss means poor oral health.
- True or False: Dental implants provide lifelike tooth replacement.
- True or False: Partial dentures address multiple lost teeth.
- True or False: Total tooth loss means a complete denture is needed.
- True. When we lose a tooth, more than just our appearance suffers. People with one or more lost teeth may be more susceptible to misalignment, TMJ disorder, and bruxism. Tooth loss also leads to problems eating and speaking clearly. Loss of jawbone density may also occur, which happens as the body stops sending doses of calcium and phosphorous to the jawbone around the lost teeth. Denying these nutrients means a greater risk of an aged appearance and further tooth loss.
- True. Inserted into the jawbone, a dental implant bonds with the bone tissue and acts as a new tooth root. We then apply a natural looking restoration to complete the new tooth. They last for many years, look natural, and prevent loss of jawbone tissue by stimulating bone tissue growth.
- True. If you’ve lost multiple teeth, but not enough to warrant a complete denture, the you may need a partial. Designed to address multiple missing teeth, even if they’re spread out across the arch, a partial looks natural and is held in place with metal clasps attached to the remaining natural teeth.
- True. Losing all or a majority of your teeth means a complete denture is needed, which replaces all of the teeth on one or both arches.
Do You Have Missing Teeth?
Let us find the perfect custom solution to your missing teeth! Contact Absolute Dental Care today in Virginia Beach, VA to schedule a visit by calling (757) 428-7440. We proudly welcome patients Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Hampton, Eastern Shore, and all surrounding communities.