Here comes your dental hygiene session! You put your toothpaste onto your brush’s bristles, you open wide, and you commence with the brushing. What is your method like? Do you spend the same amount of time on each individual tooth? Are you brushing everything? Do you use little strokes or very long, horizontal strokes? Believe it or not, all of these details are relevant if not extremely significant. Don’t worry. If you’re not sure you’re doing things correctly, our quiz will reveal the answers you need.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: You should not use long, horizontal strokes when you’re brushing your teeth during dental hygiene time. You should, instead, use small strokes as you brush in a circular motion, covering every bit of your tooth tissue.
- True or False: When you’re brushing, you should mostly focus on the teeth that you think you use the most frequently, as those tend to harbor the most food and bacteria.
- True or False: There’s no good way to approach spending your two-minute brushing session. You should simply try to move your brush throughout your mouth in a consistent manner.
- True. Remember that it’s good to move your brush up and down, while you make circular patterns. Keep them small, so you don’t aggravate your teeth or gums or miss spots.
- False. You should brush everything with equal attention, as bacteria and food tend to end up on all of your dental surfaces.
- False. Spend one minute on top teeth and one on bottom teeth. Breaking it down further into 30 seconds for visible surfaces per arch (and then 30 seconds per chewing and tongue-side surfaces) makes dental hygiene a cinch.
Brush Better With Our Advice
Come to us for checkups and for advice regarding your best options for effective brushing and dental hygiene at home. Contact Absolute Dental Care today in Virginia Beach, VA to schedule a visit by calling (757) 428-7440. We proudly welcome patients Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Hampton, Eastern Shore, and all surrounding communities.