Do you generally think to yourself that sleep apnea treatment is important, of course? Since you don’t sleep throughout the night, you figure you might feel exhausted and need some sort of extra care. While paying attention to the short-term issues that crop up when sleep apnea takes hold of your sleeping patterns is essential, you might be overlooking some additional factors. True, this sleep disorder is going to cause some intense fatigue but did you know that it leads to further (and often more damaging) problems? Let’s test what you know with a quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: When suffering from sleep apnea, the side effects tend to impact only the person who is dealing with the sleep disorder.
- True or False: Besides feeling exhausted by choosing to avoid sleep apnea treatment, there’s not much else that will come about as far as side effects are concerned.
- True or False: If you treat sleep apnea, it will make your daily life easier but it’s not going to protect you from any serious health hazards.
- False. Sleep apnea affects not only the sufferer who is experiencing the problem firsthand but also anyone who sleeps next to the individual or who comes into contact with that person regularly.
- False. The side effects of sleep apnea do include exhaustion. However, they also include multiple other issues like dry mouth, a sore throat, headaches, feeling moody, having a hard time staying alert and awake, and having a hard time focusing.
- False. Treatment is very important both because it addresses your daily symptoms and because it can help steer you away from serious health hazards in the long run, such as problems with your heart, liver, and blood pressure.