As you may know, some dental care treatments often lead to the prescription of pain relievers to help you through recovery for the first few days or so. After immediate discomfort and soreness go away, you no longer need to take the medicine. This may leave you asking yourself some questions about what to do with any remaining pills in the bottle. Fortunately, this does not need to remain a mystery for long.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: It’s extremely important that you only use a prescription from our practice or any other doctor or dentist for the express purposes for which it is intended. To use it recreationally may lead to significant complications.
- True or False: If you have prescription pills remaining that you are not going to use, you can just drop the bottle in the trashcan when you’re done.
- True or False: Since pharmacies usually put a safety cap on the tops of drugs, you don’t need to worry about your children getting a hold of them because they’re too difficult to open.
- True. Absolutely! The types of pain relievers prescribed for such dental care treatments can quickly lead to abuse in a variety of ways, such as resulting in addiction. Or, interested parties may discover and taking your pills. Do not share your medication or take it unless exactly as prescribed.
- False. Unfortunately, it’s not usually safe to toss away medications, from narcotics to antibiotics and otherwise. It’s important to keep the drugs out of landfills, waterways, and more, to protect our environment.
- False. It’s extremely important to keep your medication you receive after your dental care (and any other treatment) stored safely out of the reach of children. The safety cap is tamper resistant but is not immune to clever ideas or strong hands.
Make Wise Choices For Overall And Oral Health
Receive answers to any question you have regarding your oral health, so we may help you protect your smile. Contact Absolute Dental Care today in Virginia Beach, VA to schedule a visit by calling (757) 428-7440. We proudly welcome patients Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Hampton, Eastern Shore, and all surrounding communities.